Wednesday, October 12, 2005

SOAP BOX May those without sin cast the first stone


Which brings me to my first SOAP BOX session, they may be a few of these... but its my soap box and I'll stand on it as much as I like....

I was reading some Blogs and I came across this little gem from one of our loving Christian friends.

(Since PM Lee announced that our Gay/homosexual/steretypically up the butt friends would also be hired in SG's Civil Service Sectors, there has been an outcry of disapproval/rage/anger amongst many in Singapore. (Yes, at church I have heard this mentioned many times, comparing SG to Sodom and Gomorrah - a city where doing it up the butt was a norm...) i-love-eclipse

Its certainly not the worst thing I've read about Christian views on the Gay community, at least he doesn't want me dead. (see godhatesfags) But still it never ceases to amaze me how hypocritical Christians can be, note the blog name... i-love-eclipse... then love dude. (*9. Love thy neighbor.) You know if we all show each other some compassion and love we just might leave some room to understanding each other. Give me some guidance, a caring word, lets try to understand each other - don't just say I'm a stereotypically up the butt friend, because I'm not and they aren't either. Don't throw that stone - are you without sin?

10 Commandments lets just recap shall we:

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3. Thou shalt not worship fake gods
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother
6. Thou shalt not kill. (note the words 'if' or 'but' do not appear)
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Love thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, wife, ox, ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

My boy friend Christopher always says he won't preach what he believes until he is living it. (he says some cool stuff). It might be nice if we all did that, myself included. There endeth the lesson.

1 comment:

DAVE BONES said...

I had Leviticus 12 vs 20 quoted to me by Muslims I was filming.

"If a man lies with another man he should be put to death"

I don't agree with it but thought it srtange that it was in the bibble and there is no reference to homosexuality in the Koran.

I found your blog through the randomiser button twice in 5 clicks. Strange.